Mehran Metal Containers (Pvt) Limited (MMCL) was incorporated in 1990 as a private limited company. The head office of the company is located in Korangi Industrial Area Karachi.
Initially the company catered exclusively to the steel drum requirements of National Refinery Limited and consistently manufactured and supplied bitumen drums to the tune of one million drums per year. Over the years our production capacity has been continually expanded and diversified in order to cater to the increasing demand of steel drums in the lubricant and chemical manufacturing sectors both in Pakistan and abroad.
With increasing sales and a growing market another plant was set up in Lahore to cater the more market share of Pakistan
Over the year we have ventured out and adding more products to our inventory which include LPG Cylinder, Steel Jerry Cans, Air Tank for heavy vehicles, Fuel Tanks, Bowsers, Pressure Vessels, Civil & Mechanical Contracting and Mining.
Management and Structure
The overall management of the company rests with its board of directors. The company presently employs more than 125 people, which include engineers, technicians and labor.
Important Milestones in Our Company History
- Company incorporated with the aim to provide bitumen drums to National refinery Limited.
- Procurement of an additional drum production line for manufacturing of 210-liter oil drums to serve customers from oil and chemical industry.
- Started supplying 210-liter steel drums to Pakistan Army.
- Started manufacturing epoxy-coated drums.
- Established a steel jerry can manufacturing unit.
- Established a pre treatment facility.
- Established a 100 KVA transformer tank fabrication facility for supply to Siemens.
- Added additional equipment to manufacture 10 and 15 KVA tanks.
- Added new dies and equipment for manufacturing of 50 KVA tanks.
- Acquired new paint shop.
- Added further fixtures for manufacturing of 200 KVA tanks
- Established a steel tower fabrication bay.
- Setup powder coating facility.
- Established a LPG manufacturing facility.
- Acquired ISO 9001 certification.
- Added new dies and equipment for manufacturing of 200 KVA tanks.